What Happens In Vegas...You Won't Believe!

It started out innocent enough. A whole group of sorority sisters meeting in Vegas for Rye's 40th birthday. Her sweet boyfriend R would be there to host as well. The other husbands (most of them), tagged along in hopes of gambling and drinking for 48 hours straight.





The Mr and I drove down and made it to dinner Friday night. We ate a fabulous Thai meal and at the end we all got a fortune cookie that read:

"Thanks for coming to our rehearsal dinner. Rye & R"


What? Rehearsal dinner? OMG. This is the wedding weekend? We all jumped out of our seats, screaming, crying, hugging, until she said: APRIL FOOLS.

WHAT!? I was not happy. I didn't think it was funny! A few other people were miffed too. WE WANTED A WEDDING! I was so mad I turned my back to her like a five year old!

The next night at dinner Rye's boyfriend apologized. He said they didn't mean anything by it, just a joke, no malicious intent. You could tell they both felt bad. Then he said but on that note....

R reached to Rye's Mom, got handed a little box, and before you can say roulette was on one knee proposing. You see ladies, all the while Rye was planning this joke, he was planning his proposal. How's that for getting the jokester! We all cried and hugged and hoped it wasn't another April fools prank. After seeing the gorgeous ring I knew it couldn't be.



See what can happen in Vegas? Congrats to Rye & R!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story! they look very happy together!

Jen said...

Fun story!! So she had no idea! That is getting the jokester!

Miss Sweet Tea said...

What a cute story...I love it!! Congrats to your friends!

Mrs. R said...

Now that is a story!! I love the last pic.

BroncoMom said...

Yay! Love a happy ending :)

Sandra said...

Great Story!! xoxo

mommy2davin said...

What a fun story! Congrats to your friend!

MOMMY-MOMO said...

haha!! thats amazing!!!

bevy said...

I love it! And it shows how much they know you love her that they wanted to share this amazing event with all of you!!!

Amber said...

I was in Vegas the same weekend. To think I could have ran into you after following your blog for so long. It would have been like seeing someone famous! :)