A Real To Do List: 24 Things you should do every day


I got this little ditty in an email. I know I should be doing all of this. I'm NOT THOUGH! Here's my take on it:


1. Take (at least) a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant. (or I could take an anti depressant?)

2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to. (It would have to be a lock for a straight jacket that I would put Landon in.)

3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to __________ today. (My purpose is to cram 500 things into one day, while focusing on my kids, their health, menu, physical activities, development and ten other things all the while making a happy day)

4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants. (I've seen a chicken nugget tree once. I swear.)

5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts. (How about iced tea (gallons), twizzlers (cherry flavor, that's a fruit) and sushi?)

6. Try to make at least three people smile each day. (Oh it's way more than three!)

7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. In stead invest your energy in the positive present moment. (what the hell else am I supposed to think about?)

8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card. (the maxed out charge card I have)

9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good. (yeah, but it's not fair!)

10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. (but disliking someone strongly is okay)

11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does. (Oh yes they do)

12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree. (Must win, MUST.)

13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present. (I've made peace but it still bites me in the ass!)

14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. (but that's why I watch the real housewives of New Jersey!)

15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you. (Me and my friend pinot grigio)

16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?' (no, but in ten years you might laugh about it!)

17. Forgive everyone for everything. (or secretly hold it against them like I do)

18. What other people think of you is none of your business. (That's why I just ask them straight out.)

19. GOD heals everything. (That's true)

20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change. (Unless I just refuse to let it!)

21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!! (That's the truth sister)

22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. (But I want what you have!)

23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________.Today I accomplished _________. (I am thankful for Mojitos, Today I accomplished every exhausting task on my list)

24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed. (I am blessed and stressed!)
Feel free to answer these for yourself!

18 comments:

Alison said...

That is hilarious!! A good list, but even better response to it! Also, I think there was a french fry bush right under the chicken nugget tree!

I hope you have a great day!

Seersucker Scrapper said...

Great list. I may be able to do one of those things each day. And honestly some of the things it is saying not to do, are fun!!

Enjoy your day!

Stereos and Souffles said...

You are a hoot! I was laughing out loud. You and your friend pinot grigio have a great day!

Under this Umbrella said...

This is fantastic...I love it. Thanks for sharing. I would answer it too, but pretty much my responses were what you said. :)

Loved the blessed and stressed line.

Tippy said...

I'm going to print this out (including your notes!) and put it on the fridge. By nature, I'm a grudge holder. I need to stop. All it does is waste my energy and the person I hold the grudge against doesn't even notice.

Thanks for giving me something to think about!

Kate said...

What a great list! #18 is hard fpr me but I'm working on it -- I laughed out loud at your take on it:)

Pink in a sea of blue said...

That was great. Add me to one you made smile for the day. I've got a friend named Pinot Grigio, too! And chicken nugget trees are the best. They grow all over the U.S.

Debra said...

Great list. Would love to do even 1/2 of those things each day! Something to strive for.

I finally posted my master bedroom if you get a chance to check it out. Better late than never. :)

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

What a great list!

PaperCourt said...

Cute!

Anonymous said...

too funny--love your addendums
hope your son is enjoying preschool. it's the best thing to do--for him and you!!

LPC said...

Well I like you. FWIW.

Anonymous said...

You are so funny!! I love this list.

Erin Pierson Ridings said...

Hysterical!! Thank you!!

Life, Love And Lola said...

Love this list! Oh and your additions to it! LMAO! I've seen a chicken nugget tree before too...It was growing right next to a sweet potato fry tree!

Solar Powered said...

LOL...going to go open my bag of twizzlers now.

Sherrie said...

ROTFLMAO Love your commentary!

Yellow Beads said...

good stuff!