Reading Rainbow App For The Ipad! My Review!

Oh my goodness I have one electronic obsessed little man living with me. He even, when asked at preschool:




"What are you most thankful for?"

Said:

"The Ipad". 

At that point we didn't even have one!

I rest my case! 

Every mothers dream is to find something educational your child is obsessed with. Thank you Lord for Reading Rainbow! Yes it's back after all these years!




Not only is it easy to navigate and use, Landon was literally begging to play with it tomorrow. It's very interactive and creative in the way it let's you select a category, a book, and have a virtual backpack to keep it all in!

Here's how it works:



There are floating islands, each based on a different genre. "My Friends and Family," "Animal Kingdom," "Genius Academy" (science and math) and "Action Adventures & Magic Tales."
Click an island, and a you'll get a sliding list of of books on that topic, with "Just for You" recommendations at the top. Below this are short videos on the subject that have the "field trips" the series was known for, featuring kids out in the world and Burton himself. Each island has three or four videos, including a "Classic Reading Rainbow Video" from the original show, so you can compare and contrast haircuts from over the years!

You can can choose to read with or without narration (for readers and non readers!). You can either flip through the pages with a swipe or touch the arrow keys at the bottom. It's not overdone. It's simple and perfect!

Try it for yourself here!

Landon gives it two thumbs way UP!





2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

I know of what you speak. OK he is not my child but my three yr old nephew. HE loves to watch Fireman Sam and other animated shorts on the ipad. This past winter my mother was in the hospital due to a thoracic aortic aneurysm. She wanted the grand kids in the area to visit as she recovered and I brought the three yr old a lot (as my one sister has four kids and the youngest has a heart health issue--she has hypoplastic left hear syndrome). Grandma had an ipad in her room and Marco would run to Grandma and climb up ion the bed and kiss her and then ask for the ipad.

Anonymous said...

I just got an ipad and my kids are loading up apps. They are older than yours, but Jack (9) loves the Barefoot Atlas. I think it's pretty cool as well. Now if only I could find a good geometry app for my 8th grader.