Top Baby Names Of 2011!

I love this list. No idea why. I think it's because I was a Sociology major in college and I wonder about how society influences us!! I must say I know a ton of Sophias, Isabellas, and Avas! I get a slight sense of satisfaction in seeing my kids are not in the top 20! What do you think of this list? Anything surprise you? I saw Kaylee on there and about fell over. See how the news creeps in? (Casey Anthony's poor daughter).

 

Top 100 names of the year

Girls' Names
  1. Sophia
  2. Emma
  3. Isabella
  4. Olivia
  5. Ava
  6. Lily
  7. Chloe
  8. Madison
  9. Emily
  10. Abigail
  11. Addison
  12. Mia
  13. Madelyn
  14. Ella
  15. Hailey
  16. Kaylee
  17. Avery
  18. Kaitlyn
  19. Riley
  20. Aubrey
  Boys' Names
  1. Aiden
  2. Jackson
  3. Mason
  4. Liam
  5. Jacob
  6. Jayden
  7. Ethan
  8. Noah
  9. Lucas
  10. Logan
  11. Caleb
  12. Caden
  13. Jack
  14. Ryan
  15. Connor
  16. Michael
  17. Elijah
  18. Brayden
  19. Benjamin
  20. Nicholas

6 comments:

Emily said...

I'm an Emily who was supposed to have been named Emma but my dad thought it sounded too old....and now look at it at the top of the list! And Emily's been in the top 10 as long as I've been alive. I like you find all of this very interesting...

xx Emily @ laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

We were going to go with Jackson, so glad we didn't! I know like 4 baby Jacks. Way too popular now. I'm very glad we went with Landon :)

Our girl name was Lily, but we will more than likely not use it if I ever have a girl. It's too common and I don't love it as much as I used to. Our new girl name isn't in the top 20 :)

lizziefitz said...

I may or may not have chosen my 3rd daughter's name from Town and Country magazine;) what does this say about me? Should I even push" publish comment"? Hugs!

"Cookie" said...

Kind of funny that 3 names I was considering are on this list.... but I don't know anyone in real life named them. And I haven't looked at any lists or books this time around. The name I *think* we're going with isn't on here though. :)

Kate said...

I'm not a fan of the Brayden/Jayden names but I do love Jackson. Unfortunately everyone is naming their sons Jack or Jackson right now. But at the rate I'm going it will not be trendy when I have kids ;)

I really like your kids names :) I'm dying to know what my sister is naming my nephew. Won't find out until March though!

Unknown said...

During 1994 to 2011, Ryan was considered the most popular baby boy name in Scotland and Chloe is the most popular girl name. Here we will explore top names in Scotland, Top Scottish boys names- Abhainn (River), Acair (Anchor).