Bye Bye Pappy- Hello Big Girl!- Day Two No Pacifier


No, I did not cave. I had to GET OUT OF THE ROOM, in order to not run in and give her it! Husband ushered me out. So day two Coco had an even better idea. After asking for "Pappy" all day, she decided to boycott her nap. No nap for her! 


No Paci? No NAPPY!

OOOOHHH boy. She was peppy and fine though. High on no Pappy!

Then as night approached I was dreading bed time. We gave her all her stuffed animals and tried to be positive. She was hysterical. I then got the Wubbanub Paci, cut off the Paci part and handed her the bear attached. I showed her Paci was officially gone. She was so sad!

I swear I feel like the meanest Mommy but we are moving in the right direction. I feel stronger. She fell asleep faster, but I still had to hide in the other room!

6 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

You are not mean! Stay strong...I am very proud of you!!

clare said...

You are doing awesome! If you haven't already, find every paci and cut the top off and throw them in the garbage where she can't see them.

Maureen said...

It is so tough, but good for you. It's for the best; it's just so darn hard.

Suburban Princess said...

I wonder if it would help if the paci fairy came to visit?

Kate said...

You can do it!! (And so can Coco:)

bevy said...

I just told my boys that it was "the rule" and the "they said you can't have pacis after two". Crazy thing is that my boys never asked who "they" were!