Kevin Laue The One Handed Basketball Player and Landon

Last night, watching Good Morning America (I DVR them and watch at night!)I saw an amazing man named Kevin Laue.


Kevin Laue is a 6 feet 10 inches tall college student and basketball player from Pleasanton California. He was born with one arm and has been recognized for his skills and success in overcoming adversity. Due to a restriction of prenatal blood circulation, Laue was born with a left arm that ended at the elbow. His parents encouraged him to play soccer as a child, but Kevin didn't like soccer. He also refused to use a prosthetic arm. He had some struggles as a youth basketball player, but by 8th he had grown enough that he could handle a ball with one hand and could dunk a basketball. In March 2009 he received a scholarship to play Division I basketball for Manhattan College.

This is exactly what happened to Landon, except Landon's arm was saved. I sat there watching Kevin's story amazed by his spirit and fighting tears because we are so lucky. I am going to show Landon this amazing video. See for yourself.






The Good Morning America clip is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKYThq4Awvw

Isn't it nice to be reminded that no matter what you are dealing with in life, you can find the blessing in it?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! We live really close to Pleasanton, a few of my girlfriends are there...

What an inspiring story! I love stories of overcoming adversity. Anything is possible. And how meaningful for you and Landon.

Is GMA that good? Do you prefer it over the Today show?

"Cookie" said...

I think we all need to stop and remember that at times.... no matter what's going on, there is some good to be thankful for!!

Sandra said...

Wonderful post Mrs. Fabulous. You outlook is a blessing to all of us. xoxo

Debra said...

I saw that on GMA. It's a great story -so inspiring.

Debra said...

Oh, I just read Jen's comment and yes, GMA is that good. I have been watching it for longer than I care to admit (David Hartman was on when I started watching and Joan Lunden had just started!). Way better than Today! :)