Fabulous Moment




I know you missed it. I did. The moment of a lifetime on the BET awards the other night. The moment when Alicia Keys was singing her own song, then started singing a SWV song.






If you don't know them (Sisters With Voices), then you are missing out. They are amazing and I loooved them in college. They sang "I'm so into to you" and "I get so weak in the knees I can hardly speak I loose all control..." Do you remember?



Then Alicia sings an En Vogue song and they come out singing too! (This is when I started tearing up) I love them!





Then as if it couldn't get any better...TLC!



So sad that their former member Lisa "left eye" Lopez was killed in a car accident. Alicia sang with them "don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to". I bet they were glad to be a temporary threesome again. It was so fabulous (heard about it and found it on you tube) that I searched and they are replaying the BET awards in a few days. I have it on my Tivo. This time I will NOT miss it!!!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

I remember SWV! Didn't they sing a song that was in Free Willy with MJ's Human Nature as the backdrop. I love that song! I think I have to get that one right now.

Love, love, love En Vogue, Alicia AND TLC! I recently saw the documentary Lisa Lopez was working on while in Honduras. It was really kind of chilling to watch. It was on VH1 awhile back, it was very good!

Belle said...

How fun! I LOVE En Vogue.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I used to love SWV too!!!!

The Mrs. said...

ooooh they took it off. jerks!~