Music to my ears- Good kid music

I swear I can remember before I had a baby, being at a friends house as the kid music played on and on and on....I thought I would just kill myself. It can really grate your nerves! That's why for me I've had to do a lot of research before finding the right stuff.

Landon's Mommy and Me class has played this CD and I just love it. Okay, not as much as he does but still, it's cute.


10 Carrot Diamond is great. Our favorite songs are: Octopus and I am a Pizza. We sing them everyday!






This CD by Mary Haskell, is called My Songs. It was a gift from my best friend Natalia for Landon. It is brilliant! She puts your childs name in a bunch of cute and catchy original songs. I cannot believe how much Landon has loved it and when he hears his name he is so happy!!! You can order one at My songs.




Do Your Ears Hang Low is another one of Landon's favorites. I like "Alice the Camel" personally...











If you're not into kid music at ALL, you can now get CD's of current songs sung by kids! We heard these at the indoor play gym we go to...it's pretty good actually. Kind of a meet in the middle approach. This Kidz Bop even has a cover of Riannas "Umbrella!"




Of course if your nostalgic like me you can buy Free To be You and Me! Remember this!? Just bought it. Havent tried it on Landon yet but I will!!!!






I can just hear it now...."There's a land that I see, where the children are free...and I say it ain't far to this land from where we are..."

12 comments:

James Michael said...

If you haven't already check out Justin Roberts. We love him. My daughter is only two but loves to sing the songs. We love Ralph as well the Ralph's World Cd is a fav here.

Heather said...

These are great suggestions. Thank you!

Bridget said...

Ha I was just about to tell you also that Justin Roberts is the best! We love his Way Out cd. And omg Free to be you and me?? My FAVORITE. I still have it! Agatha Fry she made a pie and christopher john helped bake it :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the suggestions! Besides Lori Burkner, the only other kid's CD that gets heavy play at our house is Elizabeth's Mitchell's "You Are My Flower"- it's a great album if you like the folk music sound.

Linda S said...

We pretty much just had Raffi...

I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas!!!

I missed a whole decade of normal music because his "cassette tape" was always playing in my car (boy am I dating myself!

Kim said...

Sharon, Lois and Bram. Canadian trio, now I think retired. They were all music teachers--they do all kinds of classic songs with really sophisticated arrangements, compared to most kiddie music.

We could even stand to listen to SL&B in the car on a long, long trip (remember, my kids were all born back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and they did not have tv's in cars!)

Amy said...

Kidz Bop has seriously taken over my house!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh I was just going to post something about kids music because my husband who is a They Might Be Giants music fan ordered their music for kids (yes they do music for kids!) CD and it comes with a DVD to watch and it's hilarious. Very entertaining even for adults. It's about learning your numbers. I'll have to find out more info and I'll be doing a post.

Kiki said...

Okay, I loved Free to Be You and Me, my mom bought me the book when I was seven and I wore it out!!! My mom was a complete hippy, guitar classes in the living room, PBS on all the time and she taught me how to love music....sounds like you're off to a great start!!!!

Greens and Pinks said...

This post is well-timed because I have ZERO kids music and really had no clue where to begin to look for some. I basically play whatever I like to listen to when we're in the car, but I know my daughter listens to kids music at school. I am going to investigate these further for sure!

The ParTea Planner said...

Omigosh, just the other day I was thinking about Free to Be You and Me! I had the LP album when I was nine in the late '70s and listened to it over & over, eating Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies (back when it was only a buck a box). Wow, what a blast from the past. That was good stuff! Thanks for the reminder.

"...you don't have to change at all..."

~Risa, The ParTea Planner

Anonymous said...

felt COMPLETELY the same way about kid music pre-kid -- and now, I find myself listening even when jake is not in the car...
the cd that plays nonstop in our car? Stevesongs - Marvelous Day -- SO GREAT!!!