Oh no...she's not going to do this...oh yes...yes I am. I'm going to talk about sex. Look, after health and money this is the fun one! Well, not always fun but still. Actually this picture is pretty hot...where are you hubs!
The whole sex thing can either be something else on the to do list, a release, fun, or a way to reconnect. Usually for most moms it's something on the to do list. We're so exhausted from all our multi-tasking, sex just seems like one more thing to handle in a too busy day. It may be hard to get us in the mood, but once we're there it can be great.
Here are a few of my tips since you know hubby is never going to stop asking for sex!
1) I can't have sex at the end of an exhausting day. It's either early am, or right when baby is in bed, but never just before sleep. I am too tired!
2) I get myself in the mood ahead of time with a glass of wine, bath etc.
3) I try to let it be fun rather than thinking about how much I hate parts of my body. If this means the lights are off fine, if it means they're on, fine. No judgement.
4) You'll feel more giving with sex when you give to yourself. I find that a date night with hubby is a night he usually gets lucky. We're more relaxed. If that can't happen I try to get a little time for me so that I won't be so stingy with hubby.
5) It's a negotiation. Have you ever asked hubby how much sex he wants? This is a negotiation. If neither of you minds having it once a month then fine! But if one person wants more you have to make a deal.
Okay ladies out with it. Are you having sex? How often? Are you feeling guilty about it? Come clean! Post anonymous if you want!
If your kids are dying to have a "sleep over" but are too young, try having a pretend one. Invite the friend over and leave the kids with a baby sitter while you and the parents go out for dinner. Let the kids have their sleeping bags and PJ's and go to sleep. When they wake up in the morning asking where their friend is, say they just left!