The older I get the more I realize that time is my greatest extravagance.
It's the most valuable commodity I have. I no longer want to spend time with people that don't care about me, lift me up, make me laugh or make me think. I no longer want to do things that don't make my heart sing.
That's why I was excited to get my first real group of great Mom friends and husbands together for a dinner party at my house. We haven't done this in a while so it was a nice reunion! Here are my girls:)
I love everything about a dinner party. From picking the menu, to setting the table (like how it turned out?) to the great conversation at the table.
One thing I don't like is working so much on the food that I don't get to spend time with my friends! Don't get mt wrong, I have girlfriends that jump in and help, but I would rather lounge and chat as much as I can.
I wanted to share my menu with you because it was not only delicious, it was the perfect easy menu. Most of these recipes you can prep way ahead of time so you can truly enjoy your evening!
Artichoke Bruschetta from The Cookie Rookie- (OH MY LORD THESE WERE INSANE)
Parmesan Tortellini Bites by Damn Delicious- (COULD THIS BE MORE BRILLIANT??)
Pinwheel Steaks by Rachel Ray! (sooooo good and fun to make!!!)
Here they are when we made and tied them:
And then once we sliced them for grilling!
Lemon Parmesan Baked Broccoli by Get Off Your Tush And Cook- (SO YUMMY!!!!!)
Smashed Yukon Gold Potatoes by Pioneer Woman (kids loved these too!)
Blackberry Cheesecake Bars by Hugs and Cookies- (aka you've died and gone to heaven bars)
It was a great evening and made even better by some amazing food! What's your go to dinner party recipe?
Now that you've asked the most important questions of yourself from my previous post, the next step in the goal setting process is determining your PRIORITIES.
This may seem obvious but believe me it's VERY important. Most people spend 85% of their lives not doing anything that is a priority in their life. By setting priorities you will learn what is NOT a priority and you can feel free to say NO!
How about that!?
I have learned most of this amazing goal setting from the goal setting queen MONEY SAVING MOM- Crystal. I just LOVE her!
So here we go. Next on the goal setting list: Create a list of 5 or 6 priorities.
Priorities are personal and are very specific to this season in your life. I will share a few of mine to get you started:
1. Having a more connected relationship with my husband- After being married for 13 years this year, I want to ensure that my husband and I make our relationship a priority. The kids, finances, work all seem to take precedence over our relationship. I want to put him first and take time to be together.
2. The Warrior Moms- I want to get my new venture off the ground in a big way in 2016.
3. A fairly clean and organized home- I have been living a pretty cluttered life in my house and just barely keeping up with the mess. I want more peace in my home and that means less clutter!
4. Deeper relationship with my children- as my kids get older and grow and change I want to enjoy, teach, and connect more deeply with them.
These are a few of my priorities. After determining these the next step is to create focus areas within these priorities. 4-5 things for each priority item. Again here are mine to help you get started:
1. Connected relationship with my husband-
-Spend more one on one time
- find more things we have in common
- adventures together
- date nights
- find mentor couples to model after
2. The Warrior Moms-
-Create more connection on the website
-budget for first event
-Begin compiling stories for book
-get people to subscribe to my website
3. Clean and Organized Home
- develop a cleaning schedule
-punch list for house
-de-clutter and organize
4. Deeper relationship with the kids-
-find ways to connect individually with each child
-one on one time
-fun nights together/ adventures
Now it's your turn! You can share your goals with me by email or comment and I will support you.