Sanity Break- Art


Last night hubby and I and a group of our friends went to see a show called The Common Air starring Alex Lyras. It's a one man show linking six characters through a delay at the airport. It was thought provoking, sad, hilarious, and real. It was amazing to see him changing from one character to the next, and inhabit the clothes, accent and essence of another person. It's running in Los Angeles right now, and in New York soon. See it if you can!

Art is a true sanity break for me. Seeing a show that inspires me, helps me to be more creative. It generates fresh ideas and makes me feel like I too am an artist. My Grandmother was a painter, so is my mother. I am a writer. I think there's no better sanity break than being creative in any art form. Art is a way to express yourself but it's in the sharing with others that we create community and conversation. It's one of the reasons I created this blog. How do you express your creativity? What art do you love to see or hear?

4 comments:

Libby said...

I like to cook. And draw. I'm moderately good at one of those and lousy at the other but I enjoy them both. :)

The Common Air sounds like a really unique film, I will keep an eye out for it.

The Mrs. said...

It was a stage show but yes look out for it!

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

thanks for adding me to your blog list.

Libby said...

I should have realized that! As I was reading your description of it I was reminded of Waiting for Godot.