Opah's Next Chapter Lessons- TD Jakes

I am beyond obsessed with Oprahs Next Chapter. On this show Oprah does one on one interviews and shares amazing experiences. It has depth, creativity and inspires me to no end.

I am devoting this week to some of my favorite shows. Today's post is about Bishop T.D. Jakes. Bishop T.D. Jakes is a pastor at a mega church in Dallas called The Potter's House. I had heard of him but had never heard him preach. Oprah attended one of his services and then interviewed him one on one.


I love going to church, and go regularly. I really love when a preacher literally blows your mind. A preacher who can take a bible story you already know but show it to you in a brand new way is amazing. Bishop was preaching the story of Jesus blessing the 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish. Of course, at that point, it was not enough to feed everyone.

So in essence...

Jesus was blessing something that was not enough. 

Let's just stop right there. So powerful. Still grateful when really, they needed much more!
 
Until you can be thankful for something that is not enough...what you have cannot be multiplied into what is more than enough.

When he broke the bread. It multiplied. So the blessing was in the breaking. That which refuses to be broken refuses to be blessed. The breaking of life produces the blessings!

Holy moly. I know that the most blessed people I have ever met, have been broken by something in their lives. This really made me think about how grateful I am for what I DO have. So hard to be grateful when you want more than you have!

Have you been broken? Blessed? Are you blessing what is not enough?


4 comments:

sle said...

I watched it also! I was beyond impressed and actually had goosebumps at one point during the show.

sfitzg2 said...

WOw - this is a great post and a fantastic way to start my day. I love this. Thank you!!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Yep! Love it! Although I don't get Oprah's channel with our cable package, I know I'd love it! Maybe it'll come on Netflix one of these days!

Lori said...

I hadn't even heard about this new show, sounds great and I'm sure I'd love it! I'm familiar with him though, I think I'd seen him on her show. He's very talented and a powerful speaker indeed.
I agree about it being hard to be grateful when wanting more. Contentment can be such a challenge.