Valentines Week!


Valentines Day is not my favorite holiday (that would be EASTER!), but I think it's a great opportunity to reach out to someone.

Suburban Princess did the most amazing post about this on her blog. She has issued a challenge and I wanted to pass it on to you.

Go through your address book and send a card to anyone you think may need a little love. She made the point that we all know of a story where someone was feeling suicidal and then they received a note in the mail that made them feel special. Small acts of kindness can make a HUGE impact.

So go pick up a little pack of cards or print something out on line. It doesn't have to cost a lot, you can even get a little something at target and wrap it up and give it to a neighbor who needs a little cheering up.

Other ideas of someone who may need a card? Someone who just lost a job, someone who has lost a parent or child, someone just getting through a divorce or break up, or maybe someone who you feel is a little lonely in your office.

Let's make Valentines Day really be from the heart!! Who's up to the challenge? Pass it on!

10 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Wonderful suggestions.
I hope it is a good day for you.

The Hayden Family said...

What an absolutely wonderful idea! I am going to do this! Thank you!

Sandra said...

The bonus of doing something like this is how good it will also make us feel. xoxo

Henley on the Horn said...

Guess what? ! I had already bought an extra card. :) Great minds think alike! Thank you

Solar Powered said...

I'm headed to Target right now...
thanks for the inspiration.

bevy said...

So wonderful... like you!

LPC said...

Hmm. I've done this for people related to me but not beyond that. Maybe I will just try to be extra smiley if I can't muster up the capacity to mail anything? Better than nothing? Or just a giant excuse...

GOODE TIME GIRLS! said...

LOVE It!!!! I am treating Paisley's teachers to a little sweetness this week!! Great idea!!
XOXO
KJ

Eloise said...

As you know, I love Valentine's Day, and I think your idea is a wonderful one! I am up to my elbows in preparations for my luncheon on Friday. Stay tuned!

Sherrie said...

What a fab idea!