You Say Strata, I Say Strata

With Sister in Law on call (pediatrician) Christmas day, I was on breakfast duty Christmas morning. I like to start the morning with some sort of sticky sweet pastry. This way we can look at the Santa Claus gifts (we don't wrap those).

After we have done Santa Claus and our stockings, we have (because I have made it the night before or when everyone is playing the morning of) strata for our next course.

What is Strata you ask? Let's consult Wikipedia:


Strata

The most common modern variant is a brunch dish, similar to a quiche or frittata, made from a mixture which mainly consists of bread, eggs and cheese. It may also include meat or vegetables. The usual preparation requires the bread to be layered with the filling in order to produce layers (strata).


I like most Williams Sonoma recipes but I LOVE this one:


Strata with Cipollini Onions & Arugula

Get the recipe here!
http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/strata-with-cipollini-onions-and-arugula.html?cm_src=RECIPESEARCH


Why wait for Christmas? Make it this weekend!


1 comment:

bevy said...

In the past, we have had breakfast sausage and egg casserole. I LOVE it. But with new families come new traditions: my father in law now makes pancakes for everyone!