I Fell In Love With New York Again- What to do in NYC

My weekend away in NYC for my High School reunion was eye opening to say the least! I loved seeing all my old friends and catching up. There was a lot of talk about what things are like when you've been married 10 or 15 years. I mean what it's REALLY like. That's for another post. I'm still processing all of it!

I grew up mostly outside of NYC so it was a surprise to me when I fell in love with it all over again! Especially the meat packing district where we stayed. We stayed at the Hotel Gansevort (which I thought was okay but not great) but nearly died when I caught site of The High Line NYC Standard!


It's literally right on the Hudson river and the meatpacking district is so cool. Cobble stone streets and cafes everywhere!

We looked at this restaurant and nearly died. So cool.



We stopped for lunch.



The weather was perfect and so was the company. I had forgotten the history of New York. All the little shops have been around a while and the architecture of the new and old buildings together is stunning. The High Line, where you can walk and see stunning views, is a completely different side of New York. I am definitely staying there next time!

We also had brunch at Pastis:



and dinner at Gemma at the Bowery Hotel:



It was the perfect Fall New York Weekend!





1 comment:

JR Mazur said...

You left just in time, it got so cold on Sunday night! Glad you had fun :-)