Believe me when I tell you I am the LAST person to try a juice. I barely ate fruit or veggies unless they were as part of my Chinese take out. After no longer fitting in any of my PANTS....I was willing to try anything!
There are several companies who offer juicing or cleansing. I chose "The Real Juice" and think they were the best.
Before juicing I thought: 1) My insides would fall out and I would be in the bathroom all day. 2) The juices would taste awful. 3) I wouldn't make it past the first day because I would be starving. 4) It wouldn't have lasting results. 5) It was for freaky health nuts and people obsessed with their weight!
Bottom line I was SCARED to try it. But, I did and I am so glad. Here's the real truth:
1) My insides DID NOT fall out and I WAS NOT in the bathroom all day. By doing the three days of curbing my diet beforehand ( I did all fruits and veggies, they provided a 3 day step down diet just as good!) this allowed my body to transition nicely.
2) The juices taste amazing. They alternate sweet and savory and even have one for dessert!
3) The first day of my three day diet before was hard. I stuck with it. The first day of juicing takes commitment too. So does the first day at the gym. You push through and when you make it to the other side you are thrilled!! I was not starving AT ALL. There are 6 juices a day and I could barely get through them all!
4) Lasting results? Not only did I lose 8 pounds, I got BACK IN CONTROL OF MYSELF. I fit in my pants. I don't feel tired. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER. This has changed the way I look at food! More on that later!
5) Juicing is for everyone. You can use a juice as a meal replacement or do a 3 or 5 day cleanse. The key is cutting back on things before you start to prep your body and being on a reduced diet after. I am back on all fruits and veggies with a little protein. Yes I miss my carbs, but I feel THIN so WHO CARES!
Give it a try!
Use coupon code: FabMom
Its good for 20% off any cleanse order from today through Sunday the 20th!! If you are outside their local delivery area then they you can email or call and they can quote an exact shipping cost to your zip code.
If your kids are dying to have a "sleep over" but are too young, try having a pretend one. Invite the friend over and leave the kids with a baby sitter while you and the parents go out for dinner. Let the kids have their sleeping bags and PJ's and go to sleep. When they wake up in the morning asking where their friend is, say they just left!