I SWAM IN MY OWN DAMN POOL

I'm going to tell you something. I'm like the rest of you. I have a to do list a mile long. I am constantly feeling like I can never get it all done. There is always more emails to answer, work to be done, laundry to clean, and bills to pay. It's ENDLESS.

Knowing this you'd think I'd let myself off the hook? NOOOOOO.....I don't cut myself a break. I do what I am told, go where I am asked, and wake up and do it all over again. Lot's of responsibility and no taking care of myself.

I can remember a very tearful Wynona Judd telling Oprah she forgot to put herself on the list. She had been through so many bad things and struggles and was not taking care of herself. Hence her weight gain and other issues.

The other day I got sick of myself.

I let the living room by messy. I let the laundry pile up. I let those emails go un answered.

And I took a walk. I exercised. It felt great.

And then I did something REALLY RADICAL.

I SWAM IN MY OWN DAMN POOL.

The pool I NEVER go in because:
I don't want to get my hair wet. I don't have enough time. I need to do laundry. The kids are splashing too much. I don't want anyone to see me in a bathing suit. I don't want to put on a bathing suit. It's too cold. It's too hot....and on and on.

Yes I SWAM IN MY OWN DAMN POOL. AND IT FELT GREAT.

I got my damn hair wet too. That pool has been sitting in my back yard for years and I can count on one hand the number of times I have swam in that thing. What the heck??

I am so busy trying to be there for my kids, husband, job, house I will put anything on the list before myself. A swim in the pool was just too indulgent. PLEASE.

Lot's of women will do NOTHING for themselves. They literally have to be FORCED to. You may not have a pool but you know what I am talking about. When is the last time you: READ A DAMN BOOK? CALLED A DAMN FRIEND YOU WANT TO TALK TO? WENT TO A DAMN MOVIE? HAD LUNCH WITH A DAMN GOOD FRIEND?

Well I want you to DO IT TODAY. Put yourself at the top of the list and feel DAMN PROUD you did. I'm giving you permission. And tell that voice in your head it better KEEP IT'S DAMN MOUTH SHUT!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!
- Linda, ny

Rhonda said...

You are so right! We all need to do the things we want to do, and take care of ourselves for a change. Life is too short!