Out Of The Hospital- And Hearing About Sandy Hook

We got out of the hospital last Friday. I honestly could not believe it until we drove out of the garage! Felt like I was escaping from prison!



We never found out what was wrong with Coco, but every day she is better and better. I am so grateful she was able to heal and come home. As we were getting out I was hearing about the shooting in Newtown. I was so happy to have my baby home, I could not believe others were going home without theirs.

People asked me why I hardly left the hospital. The truth is, even if my hubby was watching Coco, I couldn't bear to be in my house without her. Looking at her pink empty car seat brought me to tears. Now I think about what those Sandy Hook Elementary school parents are feeling and I cannot even believe it. The pain they are going through is unimaginable. Unbearable. I pray that they find some comfort in their tight knit community of family and friends.

I came across the names and ages of the victims and I was shocked. I had no idea they were so young. Something has to be done to prevent things like this from happening. Gun control yes, but what about these kids who are "off", who's parents are trying to figure out what to do with them!

Pray for the parents of these kids. I am.

Charlotte Bacon, 6 – Uncle John Hagen told Newsday: “She was going to go some places in this world. This little girl could light up the room for anyone.”
Daniel Barden, 7
Rachel Davino, 29
Olivia Engel, 6 – Dan Merton, a longtime friend of the family, said of Engel:
“She loved attention. She had perfect manners, perfect table manners. She was the teacher’s pet, the line leader.” “Her only crime,” Merton said, “is being a wiggly, smiley 6-year-old.”
Josephine Gay, 7
Ana Marquez-Greene, 6 – Ana’s father, Jimmy Greene, wrote on Facebook: “As much as she’s needed here and missed by her mother, brother and me, Ana beat us all to paradise. I love you sweetie girl.”
Dylan Hockley, 6
Dawn Hochsprung, 47 – Officials say Hochsprung, the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary School, died while lunging at the gunman in an attempt to overtake him.
Madeline Hsu, 6
Catherine Hubbard, 6 – Catherine’s parents said of the tragedy, “We are greatly saddened by the loss of our beautiful daughter, Catherine Violet and our thoughts and prayers are with the other families who have been affected by this tragedy. We ask that you continue to pray for us and the other families who have experienced loss in this tragedy.”
Chase Kowalski, 7 – Neighbor Kevin Grimes said of Charles, “You couldn’t think of a better child.”
Jesse Lewis, 6
James Mattioli, 6

Grace McDonnell, 7
Anne Marie Murphy, 52 – Authorities told Murphy’s parents their daughter helped shield some of her students from the bullets and in doing so, lost her own life.
Emilie Parker, 6 – Parker’s father told reporters, “She was beautiful. She was blond. She was always smiling.”
Jack Pinto, 6
Noah Pozner, 6
Caroline Previdi, 6
Jessica Rekos, 6
Avielle Richman, 6
Lauren Rousseau, 30 – Russeau’s mother told reporters she loved being a teacher, saying working at Sandy Hook “was the best year of her life.”
Mary Sherlach, 56 – Scherlach’s son-in-law Eric Schwartz said, “Mary felt like she was doing God’s work, working with the children.”
Victoria Soto, 27
Benjamin Wheeler, 6
Allison Wyatt, 6

1 comment:

Courtney said...

My heart is just breaking. As a second grade teacher, it has hit so close to home. It was hard sitting in my classroom Friday knowing all that was going on but having to put on my brave face for my students. I just sat and looked at them today and prayed for those families that are hurting.