Cocktail Club Starts With Beauty and Basil!

It was a wonderful night and it went off without a hitch! Being the first event in our cocktail club, I wanted to really go all out. After all, God is in the details! I started with the theme of Beauty and Basil. I used this invitation from Paperless Post!




I even used a green crocodile liner. I know, I know. I am always extolling the virtues of paper invitations, but for this club wanted it to be easy peasy.

I wanted to have all forms of beauty at the party. Beauty you could see, taste, hear, touch and create!

First, husband had to get the pool and backyard looking smashing. And he did! Sod was in! Mama was happy! Before the party started we had to take of photo of our color coordinating Beauty and Basil attire!



I literally walked into Macy's with an exact idea of the dress I wanted and it was waiting for me. I love that place! Husband looked smashing in his Nantucket reds, green gingham Vineyard Vines shirt and blue blazer!


When our guests arrived they were treated to two signature cocktails from our bartender Robin.


One was a Cucumber Basil Martini with Vodka....



And the other was a Strawberry, Basil Mojito!



We moved outside for our cocktails. Aren't we a colorful and festive group!


Soon our Fabulous Chef Manouschka Guerrier of "Single Serving Bytes" was ready with our appetizers!



You may recognize her from Food Networks, Private Chefs of Beverly Hills! You can follow her on twitter @singleserving.


The menu:

Sliced Filet on a Crostini with horseradish
Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Fontina Cheese
Lemon Basil Shrimp with Creole Cocktail Sauce


Tomato, Basil, and Watermelon skewers with balsamic simple syrup
Ahi Tuna Tare Tare Kiss



and guava cream cheese tartlets!



We were loving it! Soon my special guests arrived.


Danielle and her cellist . She was amazing and breathtaking! We listened and also watched the movie "Under The Tuscan Sun", playing on our outdoor wall.


Magical!  Throughout the night my guests painted on canvases with acrylic paints I had set out for them. One canvas per couple.


The guys got into it!


At the end of the night each guest left with a bottle of Santa Barbara Collection wine and a basil plant! A fabulous evening!!!

9 comments:

lizziefitz said...

Wow ,wow ,wow! You are way out of my league! Fabulous job . You could be an event planner. The painting was a genius idea!

eas said...

What a beautiful event!

Lori said...

What a wonderful evening, love all the details!! You all look gorgeous and wow, look at your leg discreetly (or not:) sticking out, vavavoom!
The food and drinks all look amazing!!
A fabulous night indeed!!!!

ps LOVE your girlfriends dress, the one on the far right end with bright green/yellow at top!!! Do you know where she got it by chance?

Beth Dunn said...

cocktail club? I need to be a member. I wish you were on my coast
xoxo
SC

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

LIZ!! AMAZING! What a party!! Great theme!!

That is way more than we ever did! Movie, painting... What fun!

You all look amazing!

Lilly Forever! said...

Wow - what a fantastic party! You really did a great job - you thought of everything! I love the idea of a "cocktail club"! I wanted to let you know that my blog, OMGalmost50, has a new name. It is now “OMG I Am 50” or omgiam50.blogspot.com. As a current follower, I hope you will continue to visit my blog! Also, if my previous blog name is on your public blog list please update it. Thanks for being a follower of my blog. I really enjoy your blog too!

mommy2davin said...

UMMM Nice!

3 Peanuts said...

Sounds like an awesome party!!!!! Everything looks great and it sounds FUN too. Love your dress!!! Macy's can be a treasure trove sometimes.

Anonymous said...

You have more creativity with party planning than anyone!