Best Christmas Music- EVER

I have to say I am really in the spirit this year.
Feeling thankful and happy to see so much joy in my childrens faces. We are literally pumping the Christmas music out of every corner of the house and every car ride. I am loving it!

I love Christmas music and have my usual favorites. The ones that just make me tear up, or smile even in the worst moments! Here are my top 5 this year:

1. The Christmas Waltz by Frank Sinatra- His voice, and the words...love it. "It's that time of year, when the world falls in love....."




2. Have Yourself A Merry Christmas - James Taylor version! Have you heard this? So sweet.





3. This Christmas- Donny Hathaway- Brilliant!!



4. Most Wonderful Time of the Year- Can't get this one out of my head! Landon's favorite!



5. Oh Holy Night- This is the Mariah Carey version. I tear up every time. The words are so powerful.




O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining,
It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth.
Long lay the world in sin and error pining.
Till He appeared and the Soul felt its worth.
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices,
For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.
Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices!
O night divine, the night when Christ was born;
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine!
O night, O Holy Night , O night divine! 

 

 

 

3 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

I am a purist...my Christmas songs have to be from before 1990 :O) Maybe a couple of exceptions. I lurve...I mean...luuurve the Tony Bennett Christmas albums :O) They came after 1990 lol

Lin said...

I'm totally in the Christmas mood this year too. I think I've driven the hubs crazy with my Christmas music lol. My favorite has to be Michael Bible's Christmas album...love it!

ABS said...

I kind of love Mariah's Christmas music. My all time favorite is Nat King Cole's album - my father plays it every Christmas and it's a classic.