The Mrs Likes.....Charm Bracelet


This week, I thought I'd tell you about some things I just adore. I think HIGH on the list is my charm bracelet. Given to me when I was in my late teens by my step father, I didn't realize how much I would come to love it.

At first I thought a charm bracelet was jewelry. Now I understand that it is a scrapbook of your life. A bracelet that reminds you of all the milestones and important moments.

The charms I have on the bracelet are so special to me:

A starfish for our wedding day in Malibu. We also had one on our wedding invitation.

A coin from Italy from my trip with my grandmother. We went to Rome, Florence and Venice just the two of us.

A giraffe for my safari trip to Africa. I have gone twice now and it was the trip of a lifetime.

My sorority letters; Kappa Alpha Theta. Being in a sorority gave me the confidence and friends I had longed for.

A cruise ship for my love of travel. My first cruise was in college with a bunch of fun girls.

A high heel shoe for when I graduated college.

A hat for my love of fashion and all things girly. I wore hats all the time in college!

And the last two, the most precious. Monogrammed charms for Landon and Coco's names and birth dates.

I still need a charm for my honeymoon in Greece, which was my favorite place I have ever been.

This bracelet is a page from my life. I can't wait to give Coco her bracelet at sixteen, and to see all the wonderful things she will do.


19 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Love your charm bracelet! Mine was given to me by my Granny when I was 16. I was always fiddling with her's because she had so many charms. She said that it was because she had such a full life. Such a great thing to share!

CashmereLibrarian said...

So beautiful!

Melissa said...

I love your charm bracelet! What a cute way to scrapbook your life!

The Swanky Socialite said...

Love this post! My charm bracelet is so special to me. I don't wear it that often, but there are charms from my baptism, engagement, wedding, honeymoon, vacations, etc. etc.
Yours is so pretty!!

Debra said...

I love it! I especially like the monogrammed charms with the kids' initials. Great memories everytime you look at your bracelet.

Clare said...

I love it!! so gorgeous and i love all of the places you've been!

Sandra said...

My gold charm bracelet is my favorite piece of jewelry! Great post!! xoxo

Michelle said...

WE love Charm Bracelets at my house as well.

Preppy Mama said...

I love your charm bracelet. It is so beautiful, especially the monogram ones.

Headbands and Hand Bags said...

I love your bracelet! what abeautiful sentimental charms!

Courtney said...

Love your charm bracelet. My aunt gave me mine for my high school graduation and I have had so much fun filling it up!

Always Organizing said...

I LOVE your charm bracelet! I think it is such a wonderful tradition that you are already planning for Coco's bracelet :)

nanny said...

What a special, special gift for Coco someday! It is just beautiful....

Elisabeth said...

I want to give Peach a charm braclet one day...when she is a little older though, and can remember the moment.

Maureen said...

My mother's charm bracelet was an opening to conversation about her history. I love it. I want one for this very reason. Great post!

Caffeine Court said...

I love jewelry with meaning. What a special gift you will pass on to your daughter. So sweet!

Eloise said...

I loved seeing your beautiful charm bracelet and reading about each of your special charms. What a treasure!

Kate said...

I LOVE your bracelet and the charms you picked!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I love your charm bracelet! It's so neat that you have a special story behind every charm. I love the monogrammed charms for your babies. I have been looking for something similar to use on a necklace but I haven't been able to find any that I like.

Enjoy your weekend!