Lisa LoCicero plays Olivia Falconeri on General Hospital. She has been a dear friend for years and I thought she'd be a perfect interview! She is the mom of one smart and gorgeous little man, and married to Michael, a director, producer and writer for Jay Leno. Here's her take on the One Fab Mom interview!
One Fabulous Mom Interview:
1. How would you describe yourself?
Harder to do than I thought...Ummm, disorganized, easy going, good listener, prone to physical insecurity. I work very hard but can also be extremely lazy, always seeking, strong mind...too passive and occasionally funny.
2. How do you continue to follow your passions and dreams while being a mom?
I stopped acting for a couple years to "Just" be a mom..(yeah right). It was awesome and very difficult to suddenly be completely outside the center of my own circle. I set a strong intention when I got pregnant that being a mother would be "adding to" the richness of my life and not taking away everything I already enjoyed. That was a big fear. That all the fun would be replaced by constant responsibility. Turns out it was a lot more fun than I expected, and made me better at following my dreams as well. It's easy for the moment because working on a soap is the perfect mom job. The studio is five minutes from home, five minutes from Luke's school, lots of days off, a set schedule AND I get paid to kiss foxy guys.
3. How has motherhood changed you?
More responsible, more patient, more focused and much more miasma.
4. What do you do for yourself so that you can still be Fabulous?
In relation too the heightened fabulosity that is required when I work, I tend to spend my daily life being pretty anti fabulous. Lot's of hair in a bun and flip-flops.. but I never turn away from a new beauty product and can blame it on the job. Latisse ,for instance, has grown my eyelashes so damn long that I have to trim them. Not sure if that is fabulous or disgusting.
5. What is the best mom advice you’ve ever gotten?
Don't give up on breast feeding, and pick up your baby when he cries.
6. What are your top five Fabulous must haves?
1. A child.
2. For me, because I am lazy (see above) a strong partner
3. Good neighbors who love to child swap (seriously, if you haven't met yours, bake a cake and ring their doorbell)
4. A quiet place to meditate
5. A lot of ponytail holders
7. Complete this sentence: “Being……makes me One Fabulous Mom.
If your kids are dying to have a "sleep over" but are too young, try having a pretend one. Invite the friend over and leave the kids with a baby sitter while you and the parents go out for dinner. Let the kids have their sleeping bags and PJ's and go to sleep. When they wake up in the morning asking where their friend is, say they just left!