The Outer Banks- 23 years of friendship




Our trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina was amazing. We stayed in a town called Corolla, which is just past Duck. I liked Corolla. It's not too touristy or built up. Just my speed.



We rented a fabulous house on the beach with 4 of my girlfriends from college, each sorority sisters (Kappa Alpha Theta!), and their families. Ryan, who was the president of our sorority, brought the Theta flag to hang on the house. I die. (Ps there's my husband setting up the umbrellas!)



Ryan also brought these fabulous hot pink terry tunics for us! I'm taking mine to the monogrammer TODAY.



It's hard to boil down this trip to a blog post but here are some highlights.

We went to see the wild horses of Corolla. This was something on my bucket list. I will never forget Nicoles husband driving like a maniac so we wouldn't get stuck and us following one of the horse tours so we could find the horses! We are tour stealers!!



I have never been in, or climbed a lighthouse. The Currituck Lighthouse was gorgeous and the view was incredible. It was HIGH up though!




My husbands favorite thing on earth is Blue Crabs. Even though no one else wanted any, I got him his own dozen and he was so HAPPY!



We saw so much wildlife while we were there! Deer on the beach, a fox in the dunes, sting rays, crabs, and....



Jelly Fish. Which can also be used for breast enhancement. LOL



Husband loves to cook and was happy to share two of our favorite recipes. Maralago Burgers and Cilantro Ginger Salmon! Both were huge hits!



Landon celebrated his birthday there. Complete with mini golf and bumper cars!




We took a road trip to the Lilly Pulitzer store in Duck called "Lifes a Beach!". It was so cute! I got this fabulous "Adriel" dress. ON SALE of course!





One night the kids did giant sparklers on the beach. It was magic.




Best of all, I had deep, meaningful, hilarious, heart felt, fabulous time with these women I adore. Each of them has been, and continues to go through lifes challenges, but these ladies handle it with grace and dignity.










4 comments:

JR Mazur said...

Love your pictures! So important to surround yourself with people you love

KatiePerk said...

So much fun!! I love this idea of a beach retreat with fams! I love that dress those colors will look fab with your tan! The outer banks are a special place to us too!

Maureen said...

That looks awesome!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Love it! So glad you had a fabulous trip! And I didn't know if you saw my comment, but I knew you'd find the Lilly store:)