Slow It Down....

I have taken on way too much this year. Chairing my Junior League fundraiser (for 700 people), chairing the underwriting committee for the fundraiser at Coco's school, working, and of course Landons ongoing arm issues.

I used to think I liked to be busy. Now I'm not so sure. I feel like things are speeding by.

We will soon be out of a cast, and back to normal. The fundraisers will be all done at the end of April. Work is always hectic but you can't change that....

I just want to slow it down.....

I want to savor moments like when Coco sees me at pick up and screams "Mama!"





Or when I drop Landon off at school and he says "Mommy I want to be with you"




Friends of mine just adopted a baby, things have slowed down in that house. The quiet of just hanging out and staring at baby Oliver was delicious.

 More than anything, it's the warm weather and Summer that slows me down. Time spent at the beach, watching the kids play, being with friends. I cannot wait for that.




In the meantime I will read blogs like "A Little Loveliness" and "A Time For Everything". They seem to really understand how to slow it down and savor every quiet moment!

What about you? Do you try to slow it down? Are you good at it?

9 comments:

prince snow farm said...

Love this idea. Cherish the moments ;)

Hillcrest Acres said...

Savor every moment with your sweet kiddos because before you know it they will be graduating high school. My oldest is graduating this May and I can't believe how time has flown by. It seems like just yesterday, she was getting on the bus for the first day of kindergarten.

"A time for Everything" is one of my favorite blogs too.

Have a great day,
Susie

Suburban prep said...

In the last year and a half things have been buzzing around me. I have been trying to keep up and I guess sometimes I do not do a good job. I do not have the job (I am a "stay at home" wife--not really because I am helping my parents constantly and doing other errands).
You know the importance of family and how their light and life shines in your life. Enjoy this.

Suburban Princess said...

I hear ya mama! I've got way to much on my plate right now - I feel like I can't breathe sometimes. At the end of May all of the events im working on will be done and I plan to spend the summer shooting and sailing and working on my own business.

Lori said...

This is so sweet, and those are definitely moments to treasure. Sometimes I love being busy and sometimes (most times:) not so much. My youngest just turned 10 yesterday, still hard for me to believe ....time seems to go so fast.
Thanks for the sweet words:))

3 Peanuts said...

I think we all have periods of business and calm...or at least that is how it seems to be for me. I try to say no to committees and PTO type things that take me away from time with my family. It feels like busy work to me. Although I know some people LOVE that stuff.

Harry and I work in the school store on Wed mornings at his middle school and I love that time. I am volunteering at his school but not sitting on some committee. I am with him in a way he will remember it.

We also try to have calm family time on Friday nights and Sundays.

Have a great weekend.

KIm

Debra said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's hard now with my daughter's activities - it's just busy going here and there. I know it will only get busier as she gets older,oddly enough. I used to think I'd have more time once she got to school - it hasn't quite turned out that way. Other than volunteering in her class once a week and I have said no to all outside activities that do not involve my family. It's really hard to do but I know if I didn't do that things would be even more crazy. I'm just trying to take things one day at a time (cliche, I know but true).

Pink in a sea of blue said...

I'm on the cusp of going back to work and cannot imagine how it all will work. It's always go, go, go. Wait until yours get just a little older. I did just have a slow down moment watching my almost 8 yr old in the goalie box at indoor soccer. Those precious legs still look so young, but made me think how quickly the years are flying by.

Cas said...

I do work and travel well. Blogging not so much ; )I am still reading though! Hope all is peaceful for you. xoxo